- Package Details
Langtang -Ganja La-Helambu trek is an easy and enjoyable destination from north of Kathmandu and close to the border of Tibet which is third most popular trekking region after Everest and Annapurna region.This trek offers the opportunity to explore Tibetan culture,Tamang villages,Panoramic Himalayan views of Langtang Lirung,Ganesh Himal,Dorje Lhakpa, Yala peak,Naya Kanga,Gaurishankar,Annapurna Himalayan range,to climb small peaks and visit glacier at a comfortable low elevations. In spring, the valley reddens with the blossoms of rhododendrons.By trekking over Ganja la(5122m)we offer you an opportunity to summit handful of fine peaks Tsergo Ri(5180m),Yala peak (5500m)and Kyangin Ri (5600m),however crampons and ice axe are necessary to climb.The Ganja la pass(5122m) which is one of the most challenging passes in Nepal,it does not passable until May,best season is the fall ,October to early December.So before pass local inquiries about its condition,good equipments and mountaineering experience are requires for safe crossing.Ganja la pass makes the trekking to Langtang one of the challenging trek of Nepal with unfavorable weather conditions.
This trek stars from Dunche and ends at Melamchi pul Bazzar.
By bus from Kathmandu to Dunche.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu Airport.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
Day 3:Kathmandu to Dunche by bus 0.0km.( 2030m.)
Day 4: Dunche to Syabru 12.okm. (1460m.)
Day 5: Syabru to Lama Hotel 10.9km.(2470m.)
Day 6: Lama Hotel to Langtang 14.8km.(3430m.)
Day 7: Langtang to Kyangin Gompa 6.8km. (3850m.)
Day 8: Kyangin Gompa acclimatization day o.okm.(3850m.)
Day 9: Kyangin Gompa to Yala Peak Base Camp 12.8km.(4160m.)
Day 10: Yala Peak Base Camp to Yala Peak high Camp 3.6km(.5125m.)
Day 11: Yala Peak High to Yala Peak(5500m.)and back to Kyangin Gompa 20.o km.(3850m.)
Day 12: Kyangin to Ganja La Base Camp 7.1km.(4960m.)
Day 13: Ganja La Base Camp over Ganja La Pass( 5130m.)Dhukpu Kharka 18.3km(.4040m
Day 14: Dhukpu Kharka to Tarkeghyang 10.7km(.2740m.)
Day 15: Tarkeghyang to Shermathang 10.2km.(2590m.)
Day 16: Shermathang to Melamchipul 19.2km.(870m.)
Day 17: Melamchipul to Kathmandu by bus.
Day 18: Transfer to International Airport.
(The above itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements)
Minimum 2 and maximum 12.
Highest point: Ganja La (5122) Yala Peak (5500m) Tsergo Ri(5180m) Kyangin Ri(5600m)
Deepest point: Melamchipul (870m)
Difficulties: high elevation; crossing of the Ganja La rubble; snow and ice. Grade 5.
Best season: Oct – early December
To quote you with an exact price we need number of persons in your group and also mode of transportation(by plane or by bus).Please contact us with these details and any other inquiries regarding this trip then we get back to you on the cost.
- Arrival & Departure International Airport transfer in Kathmandu by Private CAR/ VAN
- Hotel in Kathmandu on Twin sharing basis with Daily breakfast- 3 Night
- All meals and overnight accommodation during on trek
- Experienced, Professional & Trained guide with meals, lodge, gears, Insurance and wages
- Experienced, Professional & Strong Porter with meals, lodge, gears, Insurance and wages
- Climbing permits - TIMS card and required trek documents
- Kathmandu to Dhunche by bus
- Melamchipul to Kathmandu by bus
- Agency service charge and Government taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee
- Travel and Emergency Helicopter Evacuation Insurance
- Meals( Lunch & Dinner) during Kathmandu
- Any types of bottled or Alcoholic drinks
- laundry or personal expenses
- Unforeseen cost due to landslide, sick, flight delayed, bad weather, Helicopter Evacuation etc
- Tips for guide and porter( Highly expected)
- Hot Shower, Camera/ mobile battery charges.